Pages

Sunday 23 January 2022

WW2 1/56th scale U.S. Infantry Squad 1

 Hi,

This is Squad 1 of my U.S. infantry Platoon in cold weather kit, the 28mm figures are 'Warlord Games' miniatures and painted in enamels, oils and acrylics. There are 12 men per squad and include a MMG squad automatic weapon, a M1918 BAR and I've added a bazooka for extra 'bang'. I had to work out a formula for the uniform colour schemes which took a lot longer than painting them.









I have noticed the shiny effect on some of these minis, that'll be due to the spotlight, I used to use 'Testors Dullcote' matt varnish but the manufacturer stopped making it, so I'm using 'Humbrol' matt varnish at the moment, I find Army painters matt varnish isn't any better.

I'll detail an army list after the Platoon an supporting arms are finished.

Anyhow next will be the Platoon Head Quarters and also an anti-tank gun, plus I must get some platoon vehicles in the near future.

All the Best,

Peter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your comments here :)