Pages

Sunday 19 September 2021

28mm Early Imperial Roman Emperor's Command base

 New off the painting table today are these Aventine miniatures comprising a Roman General's command base, the jeweled crowned head was in the pack, one of a choice of two heads for the general, so I thought I might as well make it an Emperor on his horse. The second figure is a Praetorian commander, the third figure the Emperor's personal standard bearer. The Standard is a hybrid conversion combing a winged victory & wreath to a vexillum standard.






Based on a 80mm round base, using filler (spackle), grit and tea (Fairtrade) for the ground textures, painted in various greens and light browns, I added some home made tufts and a bush. I thought I'd pick a off-white theme for the tunics and scarlett pteruges to make them nice and bright. The Emperor wares his traditional purple cloak because why not :)

Next in the Roman painting saga will be a cohort of 24x Praetorian Guards with command. My 'World War Two' U.S. platoon has a new M24 Chaffee finished this week, I may feature a new post on it, depends on the pics really as it was very dark today.

By for now,

Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your comments here :)