Pages

Saturday 14 May 2022

WW2 1/56th scale German artillery Forward Observation Officer, Horch Field car and RSO tow vehicle.

 Continuing on with my German Panzer Grenadier supporting units are a FOO - Forward Observation Officer to direct artillery fire together with their command vehicle. I've chosen a Horch Field car to transport the FOO, also there's a RSO tow & crew vehicle for the 10.5cm gun leFH18 on my previous post. 













The Kfz69/70 Horch Field is a nice vehicle with enough room for a small squad. The retractable middle set of wheels add to its off road capabilities. The field car was provided by 'Warlord Games' sadly they will be discontinuing their resin vehicle ranges soon.




I picked the RSO - 'Raupenschlepper Ost' after seeing it paired with the leFH18 artillery gun in a war photograph on the Western front 1944. The RSO is made out of resin by 'Diewaffenkamer' in Canada.





The glass windscreens were cut out of clear scrap from a blister pack, the windscreen wipers from scrap etched brass, the dirt on the glass is 'AK interactive sienna soil' brushed on. I may airbrush the effect if I think I can improve it, maybe make it a bit sharper than it is at the moment.

Anyhow, next are the infantry squads and maybe an Opel Blitz truck or two.
All the Best,
Peter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your comments here :)