Pages

Sunday 24 April 2022

28mm Imperial Roman Gladiators

 And Now for something completely different!

These Gladiators were sitting on the painting bench for a while now waiting for a few splashes of colour, so they've been completed this week with some more Early Imperial Roman legionaries and Praetorians I'll post these to follow before the end of April.

The  Playmat is homemade, I tried to get a sand blown ripple effect using acrylics rolled onto sealed linen material, looking at the Jordanian desert I think the colour scheme works for me anyway. If I make another playmat I'll blog instructions on  how I did it with the colour palette etc. Flexible playmats are Great if you have storage issues like I do.

Dude Behind You!





All the miniatures are 'Wargames Foundry' figures from their Gladiator range, painted in Oils, enamels and acrylics. I'm going to have to retouch my older gladiators to match in with these dudes.

I was hoping to include these figures in a vignette set in a small fighting pit on the edge of the Roman Empire, scratch built out of plasticard, wood etc. to resemble a rustic mini collosseum. Maybe I'll start it over Summer.

Anyhow I'll upload the rest of the Romans soon, and the WW2 stuff.

All the Best,

Peter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your comments here :)