Pages

Saturday 22 May 2021

28mm Early Imperial Roman Archers

 This will be the fourth unit completed for my Early Imperial Roman army based on a 15mm minifigs army I had at school many years ago, based to 'Wargames Research Group' 6th edition rules bases are 20mm frontage per figure and 30mm depth. Representing an Auxiliary Archer cohort in western dress, minis supplied by 'Aventine miniatures'.

 







The command stand carries a draco standard, regarding the officer I may swap out the head in the future. 

All the bows have strings made from FINE EZ Line 100 in black, this stuff stretches and is used by aircraft and ship modellers, it is a bit pricey but the advantage over normal line is it retains its shape even after being banged about on the wargames table, it also glues rapidly in its stretched state when you use super glue.

Anyhow I'm currently finishing off my Emperor's command stand and a small group of Praetorian Inner Guard.

All the Best,

Peter.








6 comments:

  1. Sublime painting work by you! and I still love your flocking of bases too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Phil, I find it a lot cheaper to make grass tufts than to buy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking archers too Peter.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete

Make your comments here :)