Pages

Friday 30 July 2021

28mm Early Imperial Roman 3rd Legionary Cohort

 Finished and photographed today 😀 this is the 3rd and final legionary cohort for my Early Imperial Roman Army or so I thought; But I found out that Aventine miniatures maybe selling off their Early Imperial Range (and their Greeks as well), so I've ordered some more legionaries and auxiliary cavalry, plus I'm hoping to acquire some Equites Singulares and boost the Praetorians to a full cohort, just in case they do.

Anyhow Below is the 3rd cohort I've finished painting, the cloth standard or vexillum shows the legions name and number, the other standard shows a hand which may represent a manipular formation, the discs may represent the cohorts actual number i.e. '5'. I suppose I could have cut 2 of the discs off to represent the 3rd cohort!





That'll be it for the Romans for awhile as I'm waiting for new minis from Aventine to arrive in the Post, so I may finish off something pretty random for next months post.

All the Best and happy painting,

Peter.

3 comments:

  1. WoW! They look fantastic! I just discovered your blog and enjoy trawling through your old posts - some really impressive stuff!

    I embarked this year on building my first Roman Army - late Republic era. I am doing a Caesar themed force for Gaul and Civil Wars, another mate is doing a Pompey themed army with Greek and Eastern troops, so they will look different. Got my pics of my growing force at my blog here:

    http://tasmancave.blogspot.com/search/label/Romans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Paul, I checked out your Romans on your blog, very nice, good luck with the cavalry you're planning to paint. All the Best,
    Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peter - I really enjoyed your older posts (20130-14) with your late republicans. I particularly liked your incorporation of the German Bodyguard and the Caesarian command stand. I think aspects like that really bring an army to life.

    Thanks for the kind words and I'm hoping to have the Cavalry done by the end of this week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Make your comments here :)