Pages

Sunday 20 October 2019

28mm Napoleonic French 1st Cuirassier Regiment

1st French Cuirassier Regiment.

This is the first complete French Cuirassier regiment I've completed in a long time, I may add the 10th Cuirassier Regiment hopefully before the end of the year.

Based on 20mm frontage per figure these are Perry miniatures sculpts for my 1812-15 Napoleonic period campaign.

 The flag is by GMB designs, I fray the edges of the flag with a sharp knife paint a dark undercoat then paint gold on the fringes and nails securing the flag to the pole.








All my cavalry regiments are 12 figures strong, I may numerically upgrade the Imperial Guard cavalry regiments in due course. After rebasing most of my current cavalry regiments in line with the WRG rules I'm going to use, I found the tighter basing makes them easier to store.

I'm hoping to experiment with an old school WRG ruleset '1685-1845 rules' after managing to buy a mint copy of the army lists on Ebay a while ago. The army lists include armies from the Revolutionary Wars, Asian Wars, Near East and of course the Napoleonic era.
Also try to acquire some relevant maps produced by the operational studies group at: https://www.napoleongames.com/store for my future programmed Late Napoleonic campaign.

Anyhow next up will be mostly Napoleonic French artillery.
All the Best,
Peter.

6 comments:

  1. Great figures (some of the best Perry cavalry), great painting! The Perrys gifted us with so many French cuirassiers packs, you know you have to paint more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, I'm hoping to paint some more of the shouty charging types soon :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome work Peter..what more can I say about your painting style and talent :o)

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete

Make your comments here :)