Pages

Saturday 16 October 2021

28mm Early Imperial Roman Praetorian Guard Cohort

 The penultimate infantry cohort, I wanted these Praetorian Guards to be colourful, with bright blue shields, off-white tunics and scarlett plumes I may continue to add a bit more colour definition on the banner if I have the time.






The Officer is a slight figure conversion with the cast on head replaced.

Comprising 24x Praetorian Guardsmen, these and the Urban cohorts were the only troops allowed to be garrisoned in Rome in strength.

'Aventine miniatures' supplied the figures, 'littlebigmanstudios' the shield and standard decals, the grass tufts were home made. I still think Aventine figures are really reasonably priced so they are always first on my buying list.

Also I have finished 6x Equites Singulares, I wasn't sure how they'd look so I may buy some more boosting the unit to 12 figures, so I'll post these next.

All the Best,

Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your comments here :)